Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wonkymeister
Creator III
Creator III

Data Reduction & Section Access

Morning!

I have a rather complex problem to solve, any advice/help greatly appreciated! I’ve never used Section Access at anything other than a basic level.

I need to restrict users as to what data they can see at various levels within an application.

1. I need to restrict users to only see data for their department (this is easy using publisher to distribute the app for only their department – no problem)
  2. Some users cannot see their entire departments data, only data for their sub department or for the team that they line manage (various levels of restriction here and this is what I’m struggling with)
  3. Sheet restriction for certain users within the application

There (probably) going to be 5 levels of users

1. Executive (see all departments – possibly with data at an aggregated level)
  2. Department head (restricted to their department)
  3. Department senior managers (restricted to their staff in their department)
  4. Line managers (restricted to their staff in their department)
  5. Other

It’s a pretty simple data set in that the data is all in one table, with everything at row level. I just don’t know how to approach reducing the dashboards/app within a department depending on the users level of access.

Any help/advice greatly appreciated!

10 Replies
wonkymeister
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Peter, got sorted. Not sure its coded correctly (Strict Exclusion doesn't allow ADMIN access)

but on the whole it works 100%, ADMIN sees all, reduced user sees as expected.

complex authorization will be next