Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spikenaylor1
Creator
Creator

Data Transformation for filtering dropdown summing

In the attached file I have for records identified certain rework that has had to be perfomed.

I have 12 main categories of rework. These are highlighted in Bold on row 1 as Rework Category 1 to 12

for some of the main categories, I have child categories which will sum up to the value in their parent category.

This has only just been implemented by management and some records are slightly older and do not have the child categories populated.

I want to be able to load the data so I can sort of have a list of main categories and when I select the main category, the table or chart will show only the child categories.

Not sure of how to load this data to achieve what I want, I have been experimenting with crosstables, but cannot get it to work as described.

Any help or advice would be gratefully recieved.

Labels (3)
1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Have a look at the following Design Blog post from Community, believe that may put on on the right track:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/Unbalanced-n-level-hierarchies/ba-p/1474325

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.