cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LoNiCho
Contributor
Contributor

Data changing on web view versus personal edition

I've been producing the same dashboard month in month out, no designer changes just reloading new data each month.

This morning I noticed that the figures in one of the tables has changed and is incorrect on the web view even though no reload or adjustments had been made. I then opened this version on the server in my personal edition and it is as per the load and correct.

Copied the server version down it's correct copy it back to the server and view on the web it's incorrect.

Why would the data changing on web view versus personal edition? Has anyone had this issue?

7 Replies
Vengatesh
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Check if there is any section access or bookmark applied.

try removing last document state before opening in accesspoint.

You Know What To Do.
LoNiCho
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you for the suggestions

But they have not rectified the problem

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

How do things behave if you use Web View mode in the Desktop Client?

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Also suggest you use the Desktop option "Open in Server" to open using the server interface and see if it looks the same as the web view or the file view.

-Rob

LoNiCho
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Brett,

When I use the desktop edition to view whether turn on/off web view it looks correct.

If I'm using my desktop edition to view it on my c drive where I prepare the document or on the server the figures are correct.

The issue is when I then view it on the web.

I've got 100s of people viewing it in that way so I need it to be correct, I deleted the table in question last month as I couldn't have incorrect information being disseminated. 

I feel it's glitch, I reran the monthly analysis and uploaded the latest information put the table back in and everything is now perfect. It has happened before and I repeated this process. 

I can't identify if it is a glitch in qlikview or caching.

Thank you for your reply.

LoNiCho
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Rob,

If I'm using my desktop edition to view it on my c drive where I prepare the document or on the server the figures are correct.

The issue is when I then view it on the web.

I've got 100s of people viewing it in that way so I need it to be correct, I deleted the table in question last month as I couldn't have incorrect information being disseminated. 

I feel it's glitch, I reran the monthly analysis and uploaded the latest information put the table back in and everything is now perfect. It has happened before and I repeated this process. 

I can't identify if it is a glitch in qlikview or caching.

Thank you for your reply.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Lorna, you may be correct on the caching at this point, if the users are using the Ajax Client, the best advice I can give you in that case is to have them clear their browser cache if it crops up again and see if that clears the issue, as if it does, then you know for sure that is the issue.  I am not sure why things would be getting hung up there though.  Sorry I do not have anything better to offer at this point, but note if you do an upgrade of the environment, the users will likely need to clear their web browser cache post upgrade to be sure everything is working properly, this is covered in the Release Notes.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.