Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Data loaded using Resident Load. Except log file how to check which field is taking more time

Hi,

Data has been loaded into qlikview using Resident load.  How to check which field is taking more time except using logfile?

3 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

I am not sure I understand your question. Could you elaborate what you mean with 'which field is taking more time'?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Stefan,

Thank you for responding.

This is knew question asked by interviewer to me.

He loaded a table using resident load with multiple fields / columns.

He asking me that how to identify a particular single field which is taking more load time comparing to other fields.

Condition : Not to refer log file.

I don't know answer for this . I forget to ask him for the answer once my interview was over. Hence requesting our development community .

marcus_sommer

AFAIK there is no way to measure the load-time of a single field within the load of multiple fields. You could of course load each field alone and measure than the load-times of each table - but this isn't mandatory the same, whereby I could imagine that it could give some valuable hints.

I assume that string-fields will need more time as purely numerical ones especially depending on the lengths of the string-fieldvalues (a number is always a number with 8 byte - whereby by loading them as a dual-value they might be much larger).

Another important point is probably how many distinct values are within the field - more distinct values means that more values needs to be stored and also the pointer will increase.

Further it was mentioned that this load is a resident load - in this case it could be that no fieldvalues needs to be newly stored and that just the pointer may change.

- Marcus