Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Data selection for Charts

Hi guys,

following problem:

I want to show the sales revenue of my department in a chart, split up into regions.

I chose a line chart to do so. It gives me one line for each of my three regions.

The problem is that there a revenues that are not assigned to a region (in the data, this field is just empty). How can I include a forth line in my chart, that shows "other region" / "not assigned region"?

I want this chart to be fixed, no matter what region the user selects.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,
Lina

5 Replies
JonnyPoole
Former Employee
Former Employee

To make it fixed, add a {1} SET STATEMENT into each expression in the chart.

EX:  change sum(Sales)   to sum(  {1}  Sales) . 

(You would do this in both aggregations in any advanced aggr statements as well (IE:   sum( aggr(sum(Sales) , Region))  to  sum ( {1} aggr( sum ( {1} Sales),Region))  )

Try to enable 'show all values' on the dimensions on the dimension tab to find the blank/missing bucket of values.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi!

Take a look on the attached file!

Regards,

Gabriel

Not applicable
Author

Hey,

thanks for you responses. Unfortunately it is a little bit more complicated.

I attached a file that hopefully helps demonstrate my point:

- The three regions are not identical to the geographic regions, but are emerging market 1, emerging market 2 and developed markets.

- I want to include the last three rows of data as forth line ("other") on my diagram. These are the values that are not assigned to any of the three markets.

I hope someone can help me.

Thanks,
Lina

Not applicable
Author

Hey,

thanks for you responses. Unfortunately it is a little bit more complicated.

I attached a file that hopefully helps demonstrate my point:

- The three regions are not identical to the geographic regions, but are emerging market 1, emerging market 2 and developed markets.

- I want to include the last three rows of data as forth line ("other") on my diagram. These are the values that are not assigned to any of the three markets.

I hope someone can help me.

Thanks,
Lina

JonnyPoole
Former Employee
Former Employee

Those extra data values are not associated to region or zone but they are to year.

In that specific scenario , I wrote this to capture them in the chart. But what about other dimensional contexts ?  This may need to be tweaked.

Sum({1<Year=$::Year> - $<Year=,Zone={'Z1','Z2','Z3','Z4','Z5'} >}Data)

Capture.PNG.png