Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lmcarter
Contributor II
Contributor II

Data won't reload when I refresh manually

Hi Qlik 🙂

I have seen similar issues but none that answer my use case.

I have a few dashboards that are not updating the data when I refresh manually in the Qlikview application.

Some of my dashboards have updated their data but a couple of the dashboards will show a successful refresh, however the data is not updated.

I appreciate the help!

4 Replies
marcus_sommer

The reason is probably that there no newer data available. This doesn't mean not only the pure rawdata from the database/flatfiles else also all process-steps in the chain. For example if the data aren't loaded from a live-system else from a dump or that the report is a part of a multi-layer process/environment - means that there are maybe n generators/datamodels in a line which perform the whole ETL and the report is just loading from their qvd's or binary.

Therefore take a look on the timestamps of the process-chain if they all are really newer as the reloadtime() of your report.

- Marcus

lmcarter
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for this. I did check the timestamps and they are the most current date.

One of my models has data for the last 12 months. 

The only data that is pulling through is data from March 2019 and May 2019. All other months are not appearing in the QV model, however the data in the SAS data library is the full 12 months.

marcus_sommer

There are lots of reasons possible why not all data are loaded within Qlik usually caused from the database which locked  records, applies any restrictions (amount of data, access rights, timeouts, ...) or the database-driver which might not be able to handle these records.

- Marcus

Josh_Berg_Support

Have you taken a look at the task log in the QMC to make sure the task is completing without errors?  The easiest way to see this is to go to Status > Tasks > select the task > click Show Task Details on the upper-right of the QMC > Task Log.  That should show you the most recent run of the task and if it completed successfully.  If it failed, it should give you an error, please post that here so we can try to figure it out.

Thanks,

Josh

Qlik Support

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.