Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Database filter

Hi Everyone,

I have a question regarding Qlik Sense.

I have the following problem :

In my database I have information about different company plants.

I want to visualise my data per plant, but I only want to use 1 App.

I don't want to use the filter pane in the sheet section, because users may only see information about their plant.

Is it possible to create sort of 'Pop-up' screen or something similar where the user can enter his company plant code.

This in order to show only the information of that company plant.

6 Replies
marcus_sommer

To restrict users to certain data/sheets/objects you could use Section Access.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Marcus,

Thank you.

But there is no option to use a fixed filter ?

If I understand correctly a User (plant X) will login, ans (s)he will only see the visuals of plant X?

marcus_sommer

The logic is  the following: all data willl be loaded within the section application; and the match between authentication and autorization will be loaded within the section access; and both parts are connected. And within the autorization you will define which user should be able to access which data - and by opening the application the dataset will be reduced on these defined data.

Section access is a very powerful feature and it's not too trivial to implement - therefore I suggest you read the postings from my link above carefully, especially the introduction and make several backup's before playing with it.

- Marcus

Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

Hi Loca,

There are a few options for mimicking section access, with set analysis or selectors on a starter page, but like Marcus has suggested Section Access is the best way forward as other methods are less secure and normally make it possible for the users to see data they shouldn't.

Mark

Not applicable
Author

Can you apply a upfront filter per company (before entering the app) ?

It is not a matter of access but a problem of filter.

Because if you apply the filter in the app and you reset all filter the information for each plant is given.

marcus_sommer

If you apply section access with enabling the "strikt exclusion" the not authorized data will be removed by opening the app and couldn't be restored from any filtering - they don't exists anymore - only a reload will restore the data.

The only other way would be to split these app into several apps (one for each company). This could be done manually copy+paste from the app and adjusting the load with appropriate where-clauses or per loop and reduce from the publisher.

- Marcus