Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Date Help -2

Hi All,

I have created an variable called "vDate" for "My_Date" field and wonder if it's possible to select multiple dates via an InputBox and Date Slider? For the Slider, i couldn't even populate the date data via variable selected.  Attached sample QVW. 

Any Input greately appreciated!

Thanks,

Frank

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Try this:

RangeSum(

Sum({<My_Date = {"$(='>='& Date(vDateStart) & '<=' & Date(vDateEnd))"}>} Amount) + Avg({<My_Date = {"$(='>='& Date(vDateStart) & '<=' & Date(vDateEnd))"}>}1000),

Sum({<My_Date -= {"$(='>='& Date(vDateStart) & '<=' & Date(vDateEnd))"}>} Amount))

View solution in original post

12 Replies
sunny_talwar

You want to select multiple dates from single variable? I doubt that is possible, but you can def. select a date range using two variables.

Selecting Arbitrary Date Ranges

sunny_talwar

Try the attached (Using variable triggers)

settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

May be try with using Multibox Object (using ctrl key to select multiple date)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sunny,

Hope things are well!

I'm still testing this 2 variables and also tried to add a  "IF SUM" formula but doesn't works. Let me know if you can help.

=if(My_Date= '>=' & '12/31/2015' & '<=' & '05/03/2016' , sum([Amount])+1000, sum([Amount]))

sunny_talwar

You want to apply these filters to a specific chart or the whole application?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

To a Chart.

sunny_talwar

So between the two selected dates you want Sum(Amount) + 1000 and for every other date you want Sum(Amount)?

sunny_talwar

Try thus:

RangeSum(

Sum({<My_Date = {"$(='>='& Date(vDateStart) & '<=' & Date(vDateEnd))"}>} Amount) + 1000,

Sum({<My_Date -= {"$(='>='& Date(vDateStart) & '<=' & Date(vDateEnd))"}>} Amount))

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

the excluded part didn't work..All other date's have the 1000 added as well.

Sum({<My_Date-={"$(='>='& Date(vDateStart) & '<=' & Date(vDateEnd))"}>} Amount)