Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Date Range Selection using multibox

Hi,

For one of the requirement , I need to use 2 multibox which user will use to select a date range.

I have a date Column as Approval Date. Now I want user to select any date range using From Date - To Date (using the two multibox)

and  data should filter for specified date range.

Any idea how can I start with this.

7 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi Vineeta,

using the two fields "from_date" and "to_date", just create two triggers (in the document_properties, on field_level, upon selection in those two fields) to make a selection of "> from_date" and "< to_date" respectively on your single date_field.

HTH

P.S.: The exact syntax for advanced selections like this is >> = [date] > from_date <<

Try it out in a textbox or listbox first to check whether the date_formats are comparable.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

See this tutorial: Selecting Arbitrary Date Ranges

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Can you please explain more. I am new to qlikview and didnot get the point

Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert

I looked the tutorial. Earlier I was using the calender object. But User came back asking to use a multibox. Any idea how can I achieve the same using Multibox

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can't. You'll need two multiboxes. See attached example.

Not applicable
Author

This works Gysbert. Thank you. Alternate state won't cause any issue in Access point as well. Correct ?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Correct. Alternate states will work in the ajax client too.