Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
madhuqliklondon
Creator II
Creator II

Date format

Hi,

I have a column 'IdDate' - and date format like '20170714'. I want to change it to qlikview date. I have tried giving Date(IdDate) at dimension level but it is coming with completely different date ex: 22/8/56786 . How can i change it to 14/07.2017?? is there a way?

Thanks in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anil_Babu_Samineni

May be this?

Date(Date#(IdDate,'YYYYMMDD'),'DD/MM.YYYY') as IdDate

OR

Date(Date#(IdDate,'YYYYMMDD'),'DD/MM/YYYY') as IdDate

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful

View solution in original post

16 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

May be this?

Date(Date#(IdDate,'YYYYMMDD'),'DD/MM.YYYY') as IdDate

OR

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
prma7799
Master III
Master III

Try like this

=date(Date#(20170714,'YYYYMMDD'),'DD/MM/YYYY')

or

=date(Date#(IdDate,'YYYYMMDD'),'DD/MM/YYYY')

date.png

madhuqliklondon
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Anil,

Is this at script level or anywhere in the chart??

Anil_Babu_Samineni

This should work where ever you want, I meant to say in script or object level works

prma7799
Master III
Master III

You can create this in script level as well as chart level also

but when we are giving alise name it means script level and whiteout alising means chart level .

Script level

Chart level

=date(Date#(IdDate,'YYYYMMDD'),'DD/MM/YYYY')

shiveshsingh
Master
Master

date(Date#(IdDate,'YYYYMMDD'),'DD/MM/YYYY')

madhuqliklondon
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks it is working, If I have to get Year, Month, Week and Day  is it better with master calendar ?? can I achieve it with this column name IdDate ??

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I don't think so whether master calendar need here. Because, you can use direct functions like Year(), Month(), Day(), Week() ....

Please close this thread, If you satisfy the answer where you looking

madhuqliklondon
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Anil,

can you an example for one of these Year(), Month(), Day(), Week().. I have tried it wasn't working.