Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Date picker stopped working

Ok so not a question of how to build something, and maybe not the right place for this but everyone here seems so knowledgable. I came across this issue yesterday and its really odd. I have a date range picker setup that populates using the min/max dates of REG_DATE field. While adding several variables in the app to pre-calculate things based on these variables, suddenly my date picker stopped working properly. The pull down for month is only showing the month and year from the most recent selection (Jan and 2015). vRegDateStart was previously selected as Jan 1 2015, vRegDateEnd was Jan 31 2015. There are valid dates in the table from 2014 to current, however those no longer show up, and the only thing I can do is select dates within the previous selection range, (i.e. Jan 2 to Jan 30), and once I do that I can no longer go back to the previous dates.

I save my apps in increments as I progress and this is happening to all previously saved revisions as well, without reloading the data.

I've tried restarting QV, saving a new versions and even updated QV to the latest. Any thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Grant

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

can you post the app?  it sounds like the variables somehow got tied into the generation or filter of the dates.

Not applicable
Author

Im using personal edition, are you able to open those?

Not applicable
Author

yes

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for taking a look!

Not applicable
Author

Apologies but I will not ahve a chance to look at it until tomorrow

Not applicable
Author

np, thanks in advance for your help

Not applicable
Author

her are the values for min and max reg_date

where are you setting vregstartdate and vregenddate

what values do you want the fields to have?

Not applicable
Author

Try the following.  I believe you need to override the default state in order to ensure the minimum from the entire set it retrieved in your Min/Max expressions.  Without it, once you select a date the set is limited to what you have selected so the MinString will never go further back than that.  You will need the {1} in both the min and max expressions.

=MinString({1} REG_DATE) . 

Not applicable
Author

I honestly can't say why, and perhaps it's something I did, without making any changes to the app its working again. very strange and I wish I had screenshots from before.

Adam I thank you very much for your help, this is a great community and I feel bad to have wasted your time.