Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Date questions from new user

I am just starting out with Qlikview.  I have some transaction data with dates assigned to each transaction in M/D/YYYY format that load fine.  I want to create graphs of the transactions and select specific months and years to group the transactions (Jan 2011, Feb 2011, Mar 2011, etc.)  How do I do this?  I have a list box for the dates but it shows every individual date by day and that is what also shows on the graph.  Many, many bars.

I am happy to read a tutorial or watch a video but I can't find anything that tells how to do this.  Examples attached.

Thanks for any and all help!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your suggestion.  It did display the dates nicely but I could not get the graph to display the dates in the proper order. It appeared Qlikview did not recognize the months as numerics but rather as text.  I was able to get it to work by using the following:

Monthname (Date) as MonthYear

Thanks for your help, though.  I don't think I would have figured it out without your idea first.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You can use this in the script

Month(Date) & '-' & Year(Date) as MonthYear

Then use this on your graph.

Regards,

Janzen

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Hope attached file helps you in understanding arriving the various date fields like year, month, week etc.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your suggestion.  It did display the dates nicely but I could not get the graph to display the dates in the proper order. It appeared Qlikview did not recognize the months as numerics but rather as text.  I was able to get it to work by using the following:

Monthname (Date) as MonthYear

Thanks for your help, though.  I don't think I would have figured it out without your idea first.

Not applicable
Author

Since I am using the personal version, I was not able to open your document.  I did figure out a solution, however.  Thanks for your help.