Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raju_salmon
Creator II
Creator II

Date selection methods for filtering the data

Dear All,

My user want to filter the data based on their required dates (continuous dates only, but not a particular month or week).

I have couple of charts present on my sheet, if i use calendar object i need to again change all expressions with variables used for calendar. I am not even perfect how to use calendar object (i used only slider till now).

May i know any other ways to solve this issue. For example user wants to see data >=Aug102015<=Sep152015 but he does not want to type it on date list box. If we have only one way that is creating calendar object and passing variables to all charts, may i get link of this process?

Thanks,

Raju.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

Hi,

Take a look at at the attached QVW,

You will need to look in the Settings > Document Properties > Triggers.

Look at the Variable Event triggers.

Mark

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

Hi,

I think a master calendar would be your best bet. You would build the calendar off your main date from your fact table, so selecting you dates should effect the charts and tables, but i can't say for sure not knowing the data.

Mark

jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

Hi Raju,

One option is to make a dynamic table with rolling 12 or i month data and join it with your actual date,  but any ways you will have to modify your expressions in the charts to achieve this.

Regards

KC

Best Regards,
KC
raju_salmon
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi,

With the rolling month activity, can i achieve if user want to see data from >=Aug102015<=Sep152015??

Thanks

raju_salmon
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Mark,

Thank you, master calendar is already associated. Here the requirement is user wants to select particular dates instead of week, month or date.

I feel we can use calendar object to select multiples dates within range, however i have to modify all expressions with variables which i used for calendar object. So, i want to know if i can avoid this?

Hope you got my point...

Thanks.

Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

Hi,

I think I understand better now.

One option that might achieve this, is to using variables and input boxes for the start and finish dates. Then you can apply triggers to the variable to apply the selections to your dates fields on change.

Mark

raju_salmon
Creator II
Creator II
Author

It seems a good option, i will try it Mark... Thanks.

raju_salmon
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Can anyone provide a tread or link about how to use Calendar object where selection of calendar dates should reflects in all objects for filters.

Thank you.

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

hi,

hope u cn use dis search link

https://community.qlik.com/search.jspa?q=calender+object

thanks

suresh

Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

Hi,

Take a look at at the attached QVW,

You will need to look in the Settings > Document Properties > Triggers.

Look at the Variable Event triggers.

Mark