Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
veeranj
Creator II
Creator II

Dates Format changing due to where clause ?

Hi All ,

I have a Qvd and while loading it via "Table Files" and once the "File Wizard:Type" pop up comes  ,I could see that the Date is in Num format  and if its optimized load then the DateFormat is being converted to DateFormart as set up in Qlikview .

If i apply any where clause filter,then  the dateFormat is converted to Num format .

Can anyone explain why it is behaving this way .Is it a qlikview default behaviour .?

Thanks,

Anjee

2 Replies
raman_rastogi
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi

In order to understand data interpretation and number formatting in QlikView, it is necessary to know how data is stored internally by the program. All of the data loaded into QlikView is available in two representations: as a string and as a number.

Ref:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2017/Subsystems/Client/Content/Scripting/data-types.htm

Thanks

Raman

marcus_sommer

I think the following will give you some background of why there are differences between optimized and un-optimized loadings: Re: Optimised load and UI performance in charts.

- Marcus