Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vijaysahu2
Creator
Creator

Debug mode is not opening in Qlikview Dashboard

Hi  All

I am trying to open the dashboard in Debug mode but it is not opening and going back to UI only. Please suggest me what could be the reason.

4 Replies
ramasaisaksoft

Let us know some more details

is this issue happened only for one QlikView application (or)  you are facing same issue for all the files ?

Josh_Berg_Support

Are you referring to a debug load in Qlikivew Desktop?  Some screenshots would be helpful to show us what you're trying to do and where you're experiencing the issue when trying to open a QVW in "debug mode".

Thanks,
Josh

Qlik Support

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
vijaysahu2
Creator
Creator
Author

I have 12.10 .20400.0 SR6 Qlikview Develop.. Debug mode works fine for all other dashboard but one dashboard it does not work.

Please find the attached screen shot to click the Debug option under Edit script. As soon as I click it jumps back to UI part and Debugging window does not appear.

I check the other dashboard and those get into debugging window as soon as click debug option.

I hope this explanation helps to triage this issue

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

My best hunch here is something is screwed up in the Desktop Settings.ini file.  The default location for that is:

C:\Users\UserProfileName\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikView

One thing you could try is ensure you have no open QV.exe processes, then go to the path above and rename the Settings.ini that is there and then launch the Desktop Client again, it will prompt you for language selection etc., but once that is done, try to open the app in question and see if the Debug window will then appear or not for you.  

I thought it might be something security related, but I see nothing in the security settings that relates specifically to the debug module, so I am a little perplexed myself on this one, but the above is one thing we can try to see what that does.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.