Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
albe
Contributor
Contributor

Default Bookmark in QlikView

Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to have a default bookmark in QlikView the same way it is possible in QlikSense (even when selections are changed, when closing and re opening the page, the bookmark is already selected).

Thank you for your help,

Albéric.

4 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

In QlikView, you would handle this by using OnOpen document triggers rather than using a bookmark.

albe
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you, but document triggers are not a viable solution because they don't work with Qlik View Server.

Or
MVP
MVP

@albe wrote:

Thank you, but document triggers are not a viable solution because they don't work with Qlik View Server.

I am fairly certain that they do. I've been using OnOpen triggers pretty much since they've been introduced, with QlikView Server, with no issues at all.

[Edit] Looks like they don't work with the Ajax client in the more recent versions, which I guess is what you're using. Unfortunately I'm not aware of an alternative option - perhaps someone else can help. You could saving using dynamic selections, as suggested by Rob here: https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-App-Dev/How-to-do-an-initial-selection-with-Ajax-and-Qlikview... [/Edit]

albe
Contributor
Contributor
Author

OnOpen triggers works properly if I click on "close", then "restore" (top right of the screen), but if I close the web page after clearing selections and open it again, I don't have any selections.