Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prabhas277
Creator
Creator

Default selection on charts

Hi,

I have 3 buttons like b1,b2,b3 and three bar charts are there. If click on b1 button then first bar chart is reflected and same way for other 2 buttons also.

Now my question is If i didn't select any button at that i want see one bar chart should be select. what is the procedure for that?

Thanks in advance

6 Replies
ciaran_mcgowan
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Create a Variable called vShowChart and set it to 1.

Have each button preform an action to set that variable to 1, 2 and 3. For each chart, set the Layout > Show to Conditional and use vShowChart=1, vShowChart=2 & vShowChart=3

Is this what you are looking for? (see attachment for working example)

prabhas277
Creator
Creator
Author

I am not looking for this..

After creating all variables and assign to button and charts then click "clear " then no charts are there with the association of the buttons. If click on clear also then One chart should be visible.How?

ciaran_mcgowan
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

The "Clear" function does not affect variables. If you click on Button 2, then vShowChart will equal 2. Clicking clear does not delete this value, it can only be changed by updating the variable itself.

If you look at my example, you will see that clearing all selections does not stop a chart from being displayed.

Can you post your QVW and I'll check what is happening? How many variables did you create? You should only have 1.

trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

If you want one of the chart to be displayed even after clicking "Clear" then follow below steps:

1) Make the selections for the first chart.

2) In the clear menu option (right hand side of the clear button there is a down arrow and you need to click on it) select "Set Clear State"

and that will do it. Hope this helps...

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Like this,

PFA

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pls have a look once