Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Default space when adjusting?

Is it possible to set how big the space should be between the different objects, when you use for example "Adjust Top"?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
prieper
Master II
Master II

You may choose also Space Horizontally or Space Vertically in order to have an equal distance betw the first and last object. Otherwise you may reduce the width of the grid and adjust the manually (you may finetune movements with Cntrl + Arrow)

HTH
Peter

View solution in original post

4 Replies
prieper
Master II
Master II

You may choose also Space Horizontally or Space Vertically in order to have an equal distance betw the first and last object. Otherwise you may reduce the width of the grid and adjust the manually (you may finetune movements with Cntrl + Arrow)

HTH
Peter

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your reply Peter.

It seems like the default space between two objects is 4 pixels for me, but I would like it to be 3 pixels. May seem like a triviality but if the default setting could be change, I would be glad.

The "Space Vertically" tip was however useful, since I could mark my 5 objects, click on "Adjust Top", then move the last object up 4 pixels and finally use "Space Vertically". This is surely better than having to fix every single object, but once again, if someone knows if there is (or not) a default setting for the space between objects, please let me know.

Not applicable
Author

Hi

There isn't any default setting for this but if you turn on the design grid (View -> Design grid) and try to move objects around you will notice that they "snap" to certain positions. This may make it easier to arrange your objects.
If you go to User preferences (Ctrl+Alt+U), the Design-tab, you can also set the "Snap step"-property.

regards
/Fredrik

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your reply Fredrik.