Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dependent Listbox and Table Box

I have two list boxes "ShipCountry" and "ShipCity" and one TableBox as per attached screenshot.

I have the following requirement

1. The selection of ShipCountry and ShipCity should be independent.

2. When I select "ShipCountry" it should show record in Table based on ShipCountry selected. But should not effect selection of "ShipCity"

3. When I select "ShipCity" it should show record in Table based on ShipCountry selected. But should not effect selection of "ShipCountry"

The point 1 I was able to achieve by setting "Alternate States"

9 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

I'm not quite sure what you want. Have a look at this blog post: http://www.qlikfix.com/2013/10/23/and-or-mode-selections-in-qlikview/

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

My requirement is when I select ShipCity (for e.g. Berlin), then the ShipCountry box selection should be cleared and the TableBox should ONLY show the record of the selected city (Berlin)

Similarly when I select ShipCountry (for e.g. Canada),then the ShipCity box selection should be cleared and the TableBox should ONLY show the record of the selected Country (Canada)

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Ah, you want to confuse the heck out of your users by making Qlikview work totally different from the way it does by default. Well, if you insist. Open the Document Properties window and go to the Triggers tab. Select the ShipCountry field in the Field Event Triggers and click the Add Action(s) button below OnSelect. On the Actions dialog window click on the Add button. Next select the Clear Field action in the list of actions on the right. Click the OK button. In the Field input box enter the name of the other field ShipCity. Click the OK button to save the action configuration and to return to Document Properties window. Now do the same for the ShipCity field only this time use ShipCountry as name of the Field to be cleared. When done click OK to close the Document Properties window.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I have tried the given steps. But it doesn't works. I have attached the screen of the steps.

Do we need to specify objectId in Field for Actions or FieldName?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Use the Clear Field action instead of the Clear Other Field action.

Not applicable
Author

I have tried but it doesn't work. When I select "ShipCity" it select the corresponding "ShipCountry". When I select "ShipCountry" it clears "ShipCity" as well as "ShipCountry"

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Post a small Qlikview document that demonstrates the problem.

Not applicable
Author

I have attached .qvw file along with data in excel sheet

Gysbert_Wassenaar

As I explained above you need to use the Clear Field action. Not the Clear Other Field action.

c217799_ShipCity_ShipCountry.png