Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GDaw2022
Contributor II
Contributor II

Designing Desktop vs Webview - QlikView

Hi all, 

I'm currently designing a dashboard for an end user, and obviously I want all my tables and metrics in line which is no problem to do. However, everything is perfectly in-line on my desktop but when I select WebView items can be out of line and have gaps not seen in a desktop environment. 

Is there a setting that I'm missing that allows me to design in a WebView way rather than flicking between WebView/Desktop to see if my Metrics and Tables are all lined up?

Many thanks in advance. 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

The differences you're seeing when WebView is enabled is due to how the different clients (AJAX/IE Plugin) render the objects. It's not possible to design the app to accommodate both clients concurrently. The differences are described in the article I previously provided. So again, how you design the app ultimately depends upon which client your end users are using.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @GDaw2022,

How are your end users accessing the QVW? Via QV Desktop or QV Server/AccessPoint? If AccessPoint, which client do they use - AJAX or IE Plugin? How they interact with the QVW will determine if you should use WebView or not.

Typically, WebView is enabled when you are designing QVWs that will be accessed using the AJAX client from the AccessPoint. See QlikView Help entry AJAX/WebView for more information.

See also Qlik Support article Differences Between IE Plugin and AJAX, which lists the technical differences between the two clients and provides some design tips.

Best Regards

GDaw2022
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you for responding @Chip_Matejowsky 

Sorry, I'm more talking about when designing, why is there such a difference?

WebView Button.jpg

I'm using the above button and this will then alter. I've posted some examples below:

WebView:

Screen Grab WebView.jpg

Desktop:

ScreenGrab Desktop.jpg

You can see that the margins for 'Year' is larger and merges below the 'Day' but on WebView this is fine and visa versa.  

It's more so that, i'm trying to achieve what I'm designing on a Desktop is then mirrored exactly on to a WebView, are there any settings etc?

Thank you once again. 

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

The differences you're seeing when WebView is enabled is due to how the different clients (AJAX/IE Plugin) render the objects. It's not possible to design the app to accommodate both clients concurrently. The differences are described in the article I previously provided. So again, how you design the app ultimately depends upon which client your end users are using.

Best Regards

GDaw2022
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you  @Chip_Matejowsky