Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

Desktop License no longer valid

Hi All,

I have a single user Desktop license that I use on my laptop for testing etc.

Last week I started receiving messages regarding Personal Edition and explained that I only had 4 attempts, 3 attempts etc.

Now I can't open any Qlikview Document I created using my Licensed copy.

1. My License is Valid and I know because I checked the license on another machine and it Validated Successfully.

2. I have uninstalled Qlikview and Re-Installed on my machine and the license still does not validate.

3. Qlik have confirmed that the license is valid.

Has anyone seen this before, where a valid license for some reason can't validate on a machine any longer, I am using Windows 8.

Also, I have had this license for almost 2 years without any issues on the same laptop.

Regards

Alan

16 Replies
rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II
Author

I forgot to remove the Qliktech Folder in AppData

I will do that now and retry

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II
Author

Hi Gysbert,

I have tried that and still the license does not verify.

When I re-install Qlikview I put my name in as the Windows User and PSL as the Organisation

Windows User = Alan

Organisation = PSL

But then when I open a Qlikview Document and go to user preferences and License, when I click on change to change add my license number it still sayd

Windows User = Alan

Organisation = Hewlett-Packard

Which is the old details from before the Uninstall, so it must be getting this from somewhere on my machine, but I am baffled as I have removed everything

Anonymous
Not applicable

You could search the registry for the string "Hewlett-Packard" and eyeball the hits to see if any of them look like the joker.

[Or as a last resort reformat the disc and re-install from the OS upwards.]

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II
Author

Thanks Bill, I am searching now

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Have you checked the information shown in 'license information' on the start page before opening any other app?

What if you 'clear license information' in user prefs and then reapply the license (after restarting the app)?

Other than that, I think QT should provide some support to help you out. Have they already gave up on this?

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II
Author

Hi Swuehl,

Yes I have tried this a number of times, I currently have a ticket logged with Support, just waiting now.

Regards

Alan

swuehl
MVP
MVP

I would assume they should have the knowledge and means to help you.

If they don't, and you don't like to reinstall OS (and searching the registry has not found relevant entries), a last resort might be to use a process explorer, like the Sysinternals one, to track the application calling external resources.

But this might be more difficult than reinstalling the OS and re-apply your last backup (take care not to reapply the critical license information ).