Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Detach Table with Macro doesn't work

Hallo,

because we now use QlikView browserbased an because the function "Detach" seems to be not available in Browser, I have to find a way to detach and attach tables via Button.

Yes, I used the search function and found some threads about this issue. Most of the answers where like "use a macro like this"

Sub DetachTable

ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("CH135").Detach

End Sub

We use QlikView 11.20 and this way doesn't work - nothing happens after the button is clicked.

Can someone of you help me please? Thanks in advance.

Oliver

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Hi Oliver,

Have a look at the attachement.

To Enable Alternat State:

Capture.PNG

To Disable Alternate State:

2.PNG

View solution in original post

15 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I now tried to use Alternate State for the table which I want to unlink but it doesn't work also.

I use the "Layout -> Set Alternate State" function, choose the chart ID (CH135) and an Alternate State (RP_Getrennt) but nothing happens, if I click at the button. Please help me because the browserbased version of QlikView doesn't have the possibility to detach a table.

Thanks in advance.

Bildschirmfoto 2016-07-05 um 22.28.09.png

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Hi Oliver,

Have a look at the attachement.

To Enable Alternat State:

Capture.PNG

To Disable Alternate State:

2.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Oh no...so easy! And I tried one hour to understand it

Thanks a lot for the quick help, Tamil!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hm, I tried it out, it worked but the result is different to detaching the table.

I don't really know what happens, when I switched to the Alternate State "RP_unlinked" bute the table then shows other results. The table is the only element which has this Alternate State when I click the Button "Trennen".

After the click, the table shows in the the first column (actual data) the data from the second column (last Year).

Table without Alternate state and the data I expect:

Bildschirmfoto 2016-07-06 um 17.06.09.png

Table with Alternate state:

Bildschirmfoto 2016-07-06 um 17.06.36.png

Sorry, I'm not able to explain it better than I do.

I would prefer to click a button and then detach this table because it works perfect in the desktop version. Perhaps somebody can send me a hint.

Thanks in advance.

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Oliver,

Did you find the value changes in desktop or access point.? I have not tried this in access point. So I have no idea about the mismatch.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Tamil,

I find the change of the values in both versions, desktop and Access Point.

It would be great to know, how I can detach a table with a button - I hope someone can explain how.

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Please share some your application or atleast sample one. It would be easy for us to help further.

Preparing examples for Upload - Reduction and Data Scrambling

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Tamil,

thanks for the info. But before I start to prepare the example - isn't it really impossible to detach a table in the browserbased version of QlikView? I think I don't expect to much. Perhaps with a macro or something like that.

That issue is the only problem to launch my application in the hole company!

Thanks in advance.

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Hi Oliver,

I have not tested this macro file in access point. Please test this app in access point and let me know.