Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Detailed chart to popup based on another chart cell selection

I currently have a straight table (CH100) that displays the following basic information and lists about 50 different projects.

Project Priority

Project Number

Business Impact

Title

Project Implementation Date

Project Status

When I click on a particular project within the straight table (CH100), I want to have another chart (CH101) pop up on top of the entire screen (maximized) that shows additional project detailed information.

Any idea on how this can be accomplished?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
whiteline
Master II
Master II

Suppose that the field is named [Project Name]

=GetSelectedCount([Project Name])=1

or

=not isnull(Only([Project Name]))

The first one works with explicit selections.

The second one works even if some other field selections lead to the only one possible project.

You'd better post your attempts, It helps to get the context.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
whiteline
Master II
Master II

Hi.

I think the easiest and fast way is to use conditional show expression on layout tab, to show th CH101 when the particular project is selected.

The drawback is that it will work for the selection of project field whether it's done in CH100 or some other way.

Nevertheless you can organize the sheets so that it will be more natural for the user.

Not applicable
Author

How would I code that in the conditional field?  I only asked because I tried about 4 or 5 different ones and they haven't worked.

santharubban
Creator III
Creator III

please find the attached, it will help you

whiteline
Master II
Master II

Suppose that the field is named [Project Name]

=GetSelectedCount([Project Name])=1

or

=not isnull(Only([Project Name]))

The first one works with explicit selections.

The second one works even if some other field selections lead to the only one possible project.

You'd better post your attempts, It helps to get the context.