Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Develop Qlikview Apps for deployment on several different devices (iphone,ipad,laptop)

Hi Guys,

When it comes to develop qlikview apps the can be viewed on several different devices (ipad, iphone, Blackberry and regular laptop) I would think some sort of best practices should be applied…

Since the screen space on an iphone and Blackberry is quite limited, I think that displaying rather less elements will make the app more user-friendly and generally more suitable for smaller screen devices.

On the other hand…we also deploy the same apps on regular laptops and computers with 21-inch screens and in this case I'd think the screen allows for more controls and also a bit more complex filter selection scenarios…but does that mean you would need to develop two different apps with basically the same data twice, each of them specifically designed for the device of delivery?

What's the best way to handle this?

Thx a bunch,

Ludwig

2 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I don't know the "best practice" answer in this case. But I would not personally deploy the exact same app on a phone and a desktop. The difference in resolution is just too large, the requirements for the user interface just too different. One answer might be to binary load one of them, and just build a custom front end for it.

Not applicable
Author

Thx John for your input on that. I found some guidlines in the Qlikview Server/Publisher Ref Manual Version 9 Third Edition, Lund,Sweden, Feb 2010...Page 301 ff. sums it up..

Thx again Ludwig