Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevenpiers
Contributor III
Contributor III

Difference between calculated dimensions

Hi,

I have 2 different calculated dimensions (CD) which result in an itemid. CD1 checks in a hourly updated database and CD2 checks in daily updated database.

e.g. CD2 results in 5 itemId's, CD1 results 10 itemId's

Question: > What are the unique itemId's ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Taoufiq_Zarra

I'm not if I understand correctly.

but try the attached version.

I created a connection between CD1 and CD2 using ItemId, then the "output" table I think it answers your question

Capture.PNG

Regards,
Taoufiq ZARRA

"Please LIKE posts and "Accept as Solution" if the provided solution is helpful "

(you can mark up to 3 "solutions") 😉

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Gopi_E
Creator II
Creator II

Hi steven,

provide sample data, so it would be gives better understand what you exactly want.

stevenpiers
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

See simplyfied sample.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Taoufiq_Zarra

can you explain your need again

Regards,
Taoufiq ZARRA

"Please LIKE posts and "Accept as Solution" if the provided solution is helpful "

Gopi_E
Creator II
Creator II

I am not understand what exactly you want.

you created two inline tables and loaded it. but as you said the both tables having different data so there is no combination between them.

stevenpiers
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I'll try to explain.

There are 2 databases, one is updated hourly and the other daily.

let's say at 9 AM I know that the daily database has 10 items with an empty  value

at 10 AM I see in the hourly database 13 items with an empty value

The difference of 3 is an opportunity, but most likely, because there are people working with the data... it 's possible that the actual difference is that the 10 items from 9 AM are solved and the 13 items from 10AM are new. Or perhaps partly

Does this make it any clearer?

Taoufiq_Zarra

I'm not if I understand correctly.

but try the attached version.

I created a connection between CD1 and CD2 using ItemId, then the "output" table I think it answers your question

Capture.PNG

Regards,
Taoufiq ZARRA

stevenpiers
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

That's it! Thanks.... if I look at your expression I must admit I was thinking too difficult.

Again... thanks!

Taoufiq_Zarra

Awesome

Regards,
Taoufiq ZARRA