Qlik Community

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Customer & Partners, DEC. 9, 11 AM ET: Qlik Product & Strategy Roadmap Session: Data Analytics REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kumarbala
Partner
Partner

Difference between qlikview 11.2 vs 12.5

Hi Experts ,

Can anyone help me with what are the differences between qlikview 11.2 vs 12.5 and what are those functionalities and bugs and limitations.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

I would say there are many changes between the releases - mostly under the hood (to unify the engine with Sense and in regard to security, settings, scalability and performance and so on) and not so in regard to many new features (of course a few one exists like the sorted aggr). To get a more detailed overview you should look (at first maybe quite roughly) into the release notes and on the "whats new" application.

AFAIK 11.2 is within the last SR quite stable and there are rather less bugs which may force you to an upgrade if you had a stable environment and no plans to change something essential on it. The expiring of the support must not mandatory be a show-stopper (of course in many companies it is because of their policies in regard to security and compliance).

But are there bigger changes planned - new OS / hardware, switching to VM, more/less machines/cluster, authentication methods, new business releases of your applications and so on - you should upgrade to the newest release (which isn't a initial release - currently 12.5 SR3). Ideally it's done parallel and not in hurry else carefully tested and if everything worked you may switch it to the prod environment or just giving it the prod licence and to terminate the old environment. 

- Marcus

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

I think this page will give you a good overview of potential upgrade issues.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Support-Knowledge-Base/QlikView-11-20-End-of-Support-Upgrade-Known-Iss...

Plees ekskuse my Swenglish and or Norweglish spelling misstakes
kumarbala
Partner
Partner
Author

HI Vegar,

Thanks for your reply but i am not looking for any upgradation details.

I am just looking what's the differences between 11.2 vs 12.5,what new items are added in 12.5 which is not their in 11.2?what are the user experience using this two versions and bugs?

Can you pleas help me out this?

marcus_sommer
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

I would say there are many changes between the releases - mostly under the hood (to unify the engine with Sense and in regard to security, settings, scalability and performance and so on) and not so in regard to many new features (of course a few one exists like the sorted aggr). To get a more detailed overview you should look (at first maybe quite roughly) into the release notes and on the "whats new" application.

AFAIK 11.2 is within the last SR quite stable and there are rather less bugs which may force you to an upgrade if you had a stable environment and no plans to change something essential on it. The expiring of the support must not mandatory be a show-stopper (of course in many companies it is because of their policies in regard to security and compliance).

But are there bigger changes planned - new OS / hardware, switching to VM, more/less machines/cluster, authentication methods, new business releases of your applications and so on - you should upgrade to the newest release (which isn't a initial release - currently 12.5 SR3). Ideally it's done parallel and not in hurry else carefully tested and if everything worked you may switch it to the prod environment or just giving it the prod licence and to terminate the old environment. 

- Marcus

View solution in original post