Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kumarbala
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Difference between qlikview 11.2 vs 12.5

Hi Experts ,

Can anyone help me with what are the differences between qlikview 11.2 vs 12.5 and what are those functionalities and bugs and limitations.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

I would say there are many changes between the releases - mostly under the hood (to unify the engine with Sense and in regard to security, settings, scalability and performance and so on) and not so in regard to many new features (of course a few one exists like the sorted aggr). To get a more detailed overview you should look (at first maybe quite roughly) into the release notes and on the "whats new" application.

AFAIK 11.2 is within the last SR quite stable and there are rather less bugs which may force you to an upgrade if you had a stable environment and no plans to change something essential on it. The expiring of the support must not mandatory be a show-stopper (of course in many companies it is because of their policies in regard to security and compliance).

But are there bigger changes planned - new OS / hardware, switching to VM, more/less machines/cluster, authentication methods, new business releases of your applications and so on - you should upgrade to the newest release (which isn't a initial release - currently 12.5 SR3). Ideally it's done parallel and not in hurry else carefully tested and if everything worked you may switch it to the prod environment or just giving it the prod licence and to terminate the old environment. 

- Marcus

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

I think this page will give you a good overview of potential upgrade issues.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Support-Knowledge-Base/QlikView-11-20-End-of-Support-Upgrade-Known-Iss...

kumarbala
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

HI Vegar,

Thanks for your reply but i am not looking for any upgradation details.

I am just looking what's the differences between 11.2 vs 12.5,what new items are added in 12.5 which is not their in 11.2?what are the user experience using this two versions and bugs?

Can you pleas help me out this?

marcus_sommer

I would say there are many changes between the releases - mostly under the hood (to unify the engine with Sense and in regard to security, settings, scalability and performance and so on) and not so in regard to many new features (of course a few one exists like the sorted aggr). To get a more detailed overview you should look (at first maybe quite roughly) into the release notes and on the "whats new" application.

AFAIK 11.2 is within the last SR quite stable and there are rather less bugs which may force you to an upgrade if you had a stable environment and no plans to change something essential on it. The expiring of the support must not mandatory be a show-stopper (of course in many companies it is because of their policies in regard to security and compliance).

But are there bigger changes planned - new OS / hardware, switching to VM, more/less machines/cluster, authentication methods, new business releases of your applications and so on - you should upgrade to the newest release (which isn't a initial release - currently 12.5 SR3). Ideally it's done parallel and not in hurry else carefully tested and if everything worked you may switch it to the prod environment or just giving it the prod licence and to terminate the old environment. 

- Marcus

prasanth
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hello Guys,

Can you help me Difference between Qlikview 11 and Qlikview 12.60 version in points can you share me the document or pdf format. It will be useful for me. Please as soon as possible can u share me the document and PDF

marcus_sommer

IMO nothing essentially has changed between 12.5 and 12.6 - especially not in regard to upgrade a 11.# release to it - and therefore my suggestion above is further valid.

- Marcus

prasanth
Contributor II
Contributor II

I need difference between them qlikview 11 and 12 as a points i need sir. can u share the points

marcus_sommer

Please elaborate what you mean with "points"?

- Marcus

prasanth
Contributor II
Contributor II

Points nothing but advantage and disadvantages and limitation difference between qlikview 11 and 12

marcus_sommer

IMO there is nothing what I would consider as a disadvantage or limitation from the 12 to 11 release else the new release is more stable, has more features and of course various changed settings. From this point of view you could only win by upgrading your environment.

How it will impact your environment will mainly depend on how your environment looks like - the span of possible usage is very wide and therefore I could only recommend to review all the release notes in regard to your deployment.

Beside this why not just trying it within a test-environment? You will need it anyway to ensure a smoothly switch between old and new. In this regard I recommend further not to upgrade to an initial release else at least the first service release, to install everything new from the scratch and to configure everything like you need - and not to make a classical upgrade by a direct replacing of the old one through the new one.

It may sound like needing more efforts but IMO there were too many changes to the settings as you could use further the old ones and adjusting the old ones in regard to the new requirements will probably cause more work. Further it's a good occasion to review all the settings and to tidy them - I assume there will be a lot of outdated licences/user/documents/tasks and so on.

- Marcus