Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Difference's in colors

Hi Friends,

What is the difference in usage of colors in Dimension Tab, Expression Tab and Color Tab Properties

Dimension_Color.JPG

Expression_Color.JPG

Color.JPG

Thank you,

SatishRaj

2 Replies
robert_mika
Master III
Master III

"Colors" tab will only appear when you have graphical representation of you data( does not wok in pivot and straight table)

sunny_talwar

And for the difference between Background color in Dimension vs. Background color in Expression -> Difference will be easy to see with an example.

Background color in Dimension defines the colors the dimension on a straight table and Pivot Table. I believe that you won't see the colors impacting any other chart except the two listed above.

Capture.PNG

Background color in Expression defines colors for expression for most, if not all, charts.

Capture.PNG

Background color in Expression differs from colors in Colors tabs as it Background color in expression overwrites the colors from the  Colors tab for that particular expression.

Capture.PNG

I hope that this will help you understand the difference between the three different color options available. I am also attaching the qvw I used to take the screenshots for you to check it out.

Best,

Sunny