Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

Differences in Chart and Its Print View

Helo Qliktech Experts,

I am using Q11 SR5 desctop edition. I am facing an issue while Charts print view.

I have a bar chart with scroll bar enabled. Now my chart is by default scrolled to right hand side.

Now i have report which call this chart. When i print this Report then the dimension axis shows from extreme left whereas my chart shows dimensions of extreame right.

Hence the dimensions do not match.

Refer to the images please.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

This is just how QlikView works.  I don't think it is an error of any kind.  As @WhiteLine says you can use dimension limits to show only certain bars, or you could advise users to draw a box around all the bars on their chart before they print it.

To get the chart looking exactly as it does on screen you can either use the Copy As Image function or a screen grab tool like SnagIt to grab a bitmap and paste it elsewhere.

Steve

View solution in original post

9 Replies
whiteline
Master II
Master II

Hi.

So if you want to make the correct report, you can create another chart with disabled scrolling with axis limited to the last values.

sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III
Author

White,

What if the user scrolls in the one chart and the print shows all time periods

sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III
Author

Guys this behaviour is just as till you do not move scroll.

Once you move  it works fine.

sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III
Author

Guys may be this be a version issue and will be fixed in next build release.

Any idea experts

sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III
Author

seems it is not possible to fix.

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

This is just how QlikView works.  I don't think it is an error of any kind.  As @WhiteLine says you can use dimension limits to show only certain bars, or you could advise users to draw a box around all the bars on their chart before they print it.

To get the chart looking exactly as it does on screen you can either use the Copy As Image function or a screen grab tool like SnagIt to grab a bitmap and paste it elsewhere.

Steve

Anonymous
Not applicable

Agree, it is not a version issue.  It is a risky idea to use any objects with scrolls in the reports.

sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III
Author

Thanks Michael,Steve for giving your comments to this thread.

thanks for accepting my invite.

White thanks

advait_thakur
Creator III
Creator III

Dear Sujeet,

This is QlikView normal behavior.Whatever Steve has mentioned is true and on other hand even Michael.

Regards

Advait

Join the official Qlik Enthusiast's page here
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/6513382/