Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Different Axes on Radar Chart

Hi,

I'm trying to replicate a radar I've seen on this website (I don't think this is built in Qlik):

http://statsbomb.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Luis_Suárez_2013-14.png

I currently have similar data and want to change the axes per category to compare various datasets next to each other, is there a way to edit the axes of a radar chart?

Many Thanks

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Nope. If you want to create an abomination like that you'll have to create an extension for it.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Why do you think it's an abomination? Surely as a visualisation it can be used to compare two (or more) data sets with multiple variables quite easily?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

No, it can't. It's very hard to compare multiple variables in such a radar chart. It's not easy at all. You need first of all force yourself to disregard the screaming red and yellow dartboard-like area. Then you need to scan the labels of the variables which are all around in all in different angles. Next you need to figure out the scales of the axes and you see that the variables are totally unrelated and should in fact not be compared to each other anyway.

Short story long... use a table, or perhaps individual text boxes for each measure.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand