Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
floriand
Contributor
Contributor

Different Result when Script runs manually and as a Task

Hi everyone,

We have a document with a script, which is automated using a task from the Management Console Reload Engine.

When I run the script manually from the document I get different results than running the script from the task.

Is there any function/feature/... which could cause this? I have not created the document by myself, therefore I am maybe missing someting.

Thanks in advance

Flo

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

See the following Article on how to enable the Script/Document log:

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000002668 

Only thing that really makes sense would be Section Access being in the application and the service account not having the correct setup such that is sees the same data as your ID when you reload via Desktop Client.  The Script log should show you exactly how many rows are being fetched for each table loaded etc., so you should be able to immediately see where the deltas are occurring and then dig into why that may be.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Not Sure what could be the reason, but you can do one thing.

Enable Script log and then compare the script log of Manual reload and QMC reload and check which part of the script is causing issue.

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
floriand
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Kaushik,

Thank you for your answer!

The only difference within those logs are as followed.

Manual log:

Spoiler
2020-09-08 17:18:30 QlikView Desktop Version 12.10.20700+2018-02-09 15:37:07.HEAD.Component.Version
2020-09-08 17:18:30 SequentialThreadCount 106
2020-09-08 17:18:30 Process Executing QlikView Desktop
2020-09-08 17:18:30 Process ID 640

Scheduler log:

Spoiler
2020-09-08 17:20:30 QVB Version 12.10.20700+2018-02-09 15:37:06.HEAD.Component.Version
2020-09-08 17:20:30 SequentialThreadCount 28
2020-09-08 17:20:30 Process Executing QVB
2020-09-08 17:20:30 Process ID 7656

This does not look very suspicious to me.

Can a section access cause this? I'm comparing the files always using the same user.

Regards

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

See the following Article on how to enable the Script/Document log:

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000002668 

Only thing that really makes sense would be Section Access being in the application and the service account not having the correct setup such that is sees the same data as your ID when you reload via Desktop Client.  The Script log should show you exactly how many rows are being fetched for each table loaded etc., so you should be able to immediately see where the deltas are occurring and then dig into why that may be.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.