cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Different font in specific expression

Hi all,

I use font Arial in a straight table. Now I would like to edit the font in a specific expression to KIX font. This font is used for changing the ZIP code into a bar code which is used by the mail delivery.

This is what it looks like:

KIX.png

The whole table looks like:

Customer
AddressZIPcodeBarcode ZIPCityCountry

Hope someone can help me out.

Regards,

Henco

5 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

I don't think there is any way to change the font within a table. You could incorporate images (generated outside QV) or use an extension object.

Alternatively, create a text box with a show/hide condition

GetPossibleCount(ZIPCode) = 1

Set the font in the text box to KIX and the text

=ZIPCode

Not quite what you are after though

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your answer Jonathan. I would like to have this barcode in the straight table itself, because we are going to export it to excel. But thanks so far, will see if it helps me any further.

Regards,

Henco

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Henco

If this is for export to Excel, you will find it much simpler to simply export the ZIPCode twice, and change the font of the second one in Excel....

Regards

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, you are right. But I would like to automate this process as much as possible. For now, this will work. Thanks.

Regards,

Henco

Not applicable
Author

This is an old post, but I thought I'd answer anyway in case someone else had this problem. It would be possible to automate this function using a third party tool called Nprinting.  Nprinting allows for automated delivery of QlikView objects among other things. In this case you would setup an Excel template and format the zipcode column using the KIX font and use Nprinting to generate the Excel file based on your QlikView straight table.