Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Different triggers on a button - for first and second activation

Hi,

I have a button in nearly all of my diagrams to switch the dimension from "day" - where usually one week is displayed - to "month" - where usually all twelve months are displayed. With that comes

=> the cancellation of the prior (automatic) selection on "week"

=> the multiplication of a binary variable with -1 (that is what switches the dimension)

Can anyone tell me how I could make that button take off that selection on the first activation (switching dimensions from "day" to "month" and to restore it on the second activation (switching back from "month" to "day")?

(I have tried using formulas on the value on that variable to govern the selection and putting that action in front of the editing of the variable, that didn't work - instead it made the button go "dumb" on the "week"_field, not doing anything to it)

Currently, the only way I can think of is to use two buttons instead - right on top of each other - with each one being visible only when the variable has a specific value.

However, while that is working fine, it would be quite time-consuming to implement that in every diagram of every one of my apps since I can't copy two objects at once, but I'd have to do it individually... Time which I don't really have at my disposal.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

2 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

May be like attached sample?

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi tresesco?

no, I don't think so - if I haven't missed something important about your example. That button does the same as mine - mine sets the variable to >>> = v_var * -1 <<<

Thanks anyway!

Best regards,

DataNibbler