Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dimension Limits : Last * days available?

Hi!!

I want to show the more recent 10 days of data. so It seems like I will need LAST ** Values but they only have first ** values.

does anyone have solution for this?

Thank you!!

8 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe just change the sort order?

You can also limit the dimension values using a calculated dimension or set analysis.

Not applicable
Author

then another problem arises which is the most recent values will be on the left not on the right.

jayanttibhe
Creator III
Creator III

Try using Rank() function

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I want to show the more recent 10 days of data. so It seems like I will need LAST ** Values but they only have first ** values.

Then Move into Last instead of First from your Dimension Limits. And the As SW suggest, You can use Sort. But, I doubt how you are doing.

Can you send expression to do this and where you are doing this(I mean Which Object)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

then another problem arises which is the most recent values will be on the left not on the right.??

what exactly do you mean by this? can you show a screengrab of what you mean?

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
swuehl
MVP
MVP

You can limit the dimension values also using calculated dimensions or set analysis in all your aggregations.

For example, using a calculated dimension in dimension tab:

=Aggr( If(Rank(DATEFIELD)<=10, DATEFIELD), DATEFIELD)

DATEFIELD needs to have a numerical representation, like all date fields created with QV date functions.

Enable 'Suppress when value is NULL' option on dimension tab and disable the dimension limits (if they are still enabled).

Not applicable
Author

U can sort the data and take first 10

andy
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I think the answer was given in this thread

https://community.qlik.com/thread/47506

by

"

• Switch off any dimension limits
  • In the Presentation tab, tick 'Enable X-Axis Scrollbar'
  • Set 'When Number of Items Exceeds' to a the level that suits you
  • Tick 'Reversed'

This will show you the last X (for instance, months) in the correct order.  You can scroll back to the left to show lower values but the default will be to show the last X values from the maximum.

This seems to do the trick although it would be easier if the Dimension Limits included a 'Last' setting to replicate what we had before the upgrade.

"