Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dimension Properties

Hi,

I have  a scenario where i need to hide the Dimension based on the user selection.

i am attaching the sample app and datasource.

Please provide me the suggestion on this

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

any better ?

You can add a conditional show condition on dimensions or measures.

dimension tab, enable conditional:  

if( SubStringCount( concat( distinct Region,';'),'US')>0 or SubStringCount( concat( distinct Region,';'),'Ind')>0, 1,0)

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

any better ?

You can add a conditional show condition on dimensions or measures.

dimension tab, enable conditional:  

if( SubStringCount( concat( distinct Region,';'),'US')>0 or SubStringCount( concat( distinct Region,';'),'Ind')>0, 1,0)

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

noticed a blank row was showing up when UK was selected with US and ind ... corrected that an uploaded new version.

how it works ?

the whole dimension will be conditionally hidden based on this boolean expression that evaluates to TRUE (1) or FALSE (0)

the concat() function will create a delimitted list of all 'Region' values in the current selection.

So if you select US, Ind, UK ..

concat( distinct Region,';') will return--->   US;Ind;UK    (; is the delimitter which you can choose but its moot for this purpose)

next part is to test if   'US' or 'Ind' is in that list and we use substringcount(  <list>, 'US')   to check if 'US' is in the list 

If US or Ind is in the list then its a TRUE and assign 1.  Otherwise 0 and hide the whole dimension.

Little tricky but useful one to remember.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It works like a champ.

Thanks Alot Jonathan for both your solution and illustration of the work.

A big cheers and hundred thanks to you