Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dimension issue in a YTD diagram

Hi,

I try to create a bar chart that shall reflect a YTD calculation of revenue.

It shall consist of 5 bars, one for each of these elements:

Open, Lost, Won, Target Value and WayToGo

chart.jpg

So I have to implement those as expressions, think I can handle this task.

But what about the dimension? I think it needs to be something like "all dates between Fiscal Year start and today" (not a single month like in the chart), but how can I implement that as a dimension?

Thanks,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

So you don't want one bar per day? Do you want only those five bars, but covering all the time? And the five bars correspond to five expressions (and not to five values in a dimension)? Then you should just remove the dimension, i.e. make a bar chart without any dimension at all.

HIC

View solution in original post

9 Replies
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

That you should do in your Master Calendar in the script, e.g. by

Date - DateOfFiscalYearStart + 1 as DayInYear

or

Date - YearStart(Date) + 1 as DayInYear

HIC

Not applicable
Author

I'm afraid I didn't understand your suggestion completely.

I've now added the DayInYear to my Calendar, but I don't know how / what to do with it in the chart. Can you please explain it a bit more?

Thanks.

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

If you have defined your day of fiscal year ("DayInYear"), then you can use this field as dimension in your graph.

Not applicable
Author

But this leads to a lot of bars (of the example above, many of the 'Open' bars). But I would need to have only one bar for 'Open' etc.

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

So you don't want one bar per day? Do you want only those five bars, but covering all the time? And the five bars correspond to five expressions (and not to five values in a dimension)? Then you should just remove the dimension, i.e. make a bar chart without any dimension at all.

HIC

Not applicable
Author

Hi Henric,

Can you please help me to solve this issue?

http://community.qlik.com/thread/104618

It's urgent. Thank you very much in advance!

Best regards,

CoCo

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Henric,

that is exactly what I was looking for. Only one small question is left: I have one diagram next to this new one, and this contains a caption for the dimension. Is it somehow possible to create a dimension caption (as explanation for the diagram) without having a dimension? Or only with text box that looks similar?

Thanks again,

Jens

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

Yes, you can "fake" it by using an empty dimension.

Image2.png

1. Press the "edit" button under dimensions and enter the following expression [ =' ' ]  - without the brackets.
  2. Enter any label you want - where I have entered "Caption"

HIC

Not applicable
Author

Many thanks again.