Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dimension limits - Global Grouping Mode usage

I have a straight table that shows Transaction Expenses for each category and for each month as below

I use the dimension limits and I try to show only the largest 5 Categories and inside each category only largest 2 months and the result is as below (which is expected)

Now for the Dimension 'Year Month' when I  select the  'Global Grouping Mode' I get the below result.

The explanation I found in a book is as below. but I am not able to understand it'

/* Global Grouping Mode: This option determines if the restrictions defined

should be calculated considering the inner dimensions or based on a sub

total, disregarding the remaining dimensions*/

Can someone explain me what is happening here when i check the 'Global Grouping Mode' for the Year Month ?

Many Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
maxgro
MVP
MVP

copy and paste your chart

remove dimension category, remove dimension limit

I think the top 2 expenses are in 2014-06 and 2014-09; these are the 2 year-months you get for every category when global grouping is checked

PFA, page 3

View solution in original post

4 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

an image is missing

I think, when  global grouping is checked, you get the largest two year months across all category

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Massimo....I had missed the screenshot of the final result in the earlier reply. I have added the same in the post. I am still not able to figure out how this 'Global Grouping Mode' works here... Any insights in this is always welcome

maxgro
MVP
MVP

copy and paste your chart

remove dimension category, remove dimension limit

I think the top 2 expenses are in 2014-06 and 2014-09; these are the 2 year-months you get for every category when global grouping is checked

PFA, page 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I got it now....you are right...those are the two months with maximum amounts. That explains

Many Thanks for the clarification