Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nareshthavidishetty
Creator III
Creator III

Dimension logic

Hi,

Delow is the dimension logic used in the straight table.But here i need to sort the month also as hardcode to Aug in the same expression.

Kindly let me know if it is possible.

Logic : =if([Sold Location] = '000', 'Goal', if([Sold Location] = '999', 'Company', if([Sold Location] = '888', 'District', if(match([Sold Location],'17','18','29','70','76','102','105','129'),[Sold Location]))))

In the above logic i need to include month as well.

Thanks..

11 Replies
sunny_talwar

Where are you using month in this calculated dimension? I am not seeing that above?

nareshthavidishetty
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Sunny,

The requirement is to include the month filter in the above calculated dimension .

Thanks..

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

I am not sure if this works, may be Sunny can come up with better way, mean while you can try this?

= IF( Month= 'Aug', Pick(Match([Sold Location], '000', '999', '888'), 'Goal', 'Company', 'District'),

IF(Month = 'Aug' AND match([Sold Location],'17','18','29','70','76','102','105','129'), [Sold Location]))

nareshthavidishetty
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi,

It means my calculated dimension needs to include month as well.

Thanks..

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Hard code means this? Or else would you describe what is your intend to use this

=if([Sold Location] = '000', 'Goal', if([Sold Location] = '999', 'Company', if([Sold Location] = '888', 'District', if(match([Sold Location] ,'17','18','29','70','76','102','105','129'),[Sold Location], if(month(field) = 'Aug', 'Aug')))))

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
nareshthavidishetty
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Yes..i need to hard code like this..but the logic is not working.

It's not filter the data for the month Aug and also it inserts an new column Aug in the table.

Thanks..

sunny_talwar

May be this:

=If(Month = 'Aug',

If([Sold Location] = '000', 'Goal',

If([Sold Location] = '999', 'Company',

If([Sold Location] = '888', 'District',

If(Match([Sold Location],'17','18','29','70','76','102','105','129'), [Sold Location])))))

or

=If(Num(Month) = 8,

If([Sold Location] = '000', 'Goal',

If([Sold Location] = '999', 'Company',

If([Sold Location] = '888', 'District',

If(Match([Sold Location],'17','18','29','70','76','102','105','129'), [Sold Location])))))

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Please post your sample qvw

Regards,

Gireesh.

nareshthavidishetty
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Sunny,

The locations were came out as null.