Qlik Community

Ask a Question

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Our next Qlik Insider session will cover new key capabilities. Join us August 11th REGISTER TODAY
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
razvan_brais
Creator III
Creator III

Dinamicaly position pivot table one under the other

Hy guys. I have a question. I have two pivot table which they are positioned one under the other. Both of them ar seted in layout to resize after containing data. I would like to change the second table`s position depending on the dimmension of the first table.

Is there any way I can do that?

Thank you.

5 Replies
sunny_talwar

From what I understand, I don't think that this is possible. A work around can be having multiple pivot tables with conditional hide/show based on your dimensions.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I don;t think this is possible.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
marcus_sommer
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

Not really. This could be done only with macros which aren't recommended within the gui. If there only a few possible positions you could create several pivots with different positions and which have a visibility-condition to the number of possible dimension-values from the first pivot. Otherwise you will need to live with scrollbars or to find a different usability to show them - maybe within a container.

- Marcus

razvan_brais
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I have tryed with the container object with the grid type. But still , every window has fixed dimmensions. For example the first window in the container it wont modify after the table`s dimmension.

marcus_sommer
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

The container won't solve your origin challange but could give you an idea for a different usability with an easy and neat access to various objects.

- Marcus