Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bjsellers57
Contributor II
Contributor II

Direct Discovery INVOICE DATA

I have built a QlikView QVD file for tracking Invoice data.  I utilize a SQL server database for the data source.  I link-in multiple tables/fields with a single pull with multiple joins for (i.e. ROLODEX, CUSTOMER, ACCOUNT, ITEMS, INVOICE,…) .  I am trying to convert this to live access to the SQL server data source using Direct Discovery to get up-to-the-minute data when need.  If I take the SQL script I have created which utilizes the aliases of the tables and the joins it fails noting it cannot find the source/field identified (i.e. CUSTOMER.name, ACCOUNT.number, INVOIVE.date…).  Looking at ‘QlikView 11.2 SR7 Direct Discovery.pdf’ some of the example show that it is possible to define the datasource.schema.table.field with joins in place.  Tried to do this and also fails to load.  When I create a single data source and not include the table name the load works fine.  Is it that Joins of multiple tables cannot be accomplished and the tables must be built separately and joined after they are built to achieve the necessary results?

0 Replies