Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anindya_manna
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Direct Discovery to pull real time data

Hi All,

can you please me to create an app in which we pull real time data through direct discovery from data base. i have OLE DB connections already created in my app.

5 Replies
anindya_manna
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thanks Tresesco,

But how we can pull real time data in our apps ?  To refresh data in our apps, we need to reload the apps even after using the direct discovery. then what is the best use of direct discovery.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

If you are using direct discovery (spend little more time in the help link I provide to understand), the data is not loaded into the memory during load, rather - with each selection, the charts with Direct Discovery fields are recalculated, with the calculations taking place in the source database table by executing the SQL query created by Qlik engine. The calculation condition feature can be used to specify when charts should be recalculated. Until the condition is met, Qlik engine does not send queries to recalculate the charts.

Hope this helps.

anindya_manna
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

can we use excel as a data source in direct discovery?

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Technically, perhaps that should be feasible if you create an ODBC connection to the excel. However, using excel data which is very small as direct discovery data source - sounds like defeating the purpose and over killing to result in negative performance. Why would you like to use excel as a data source for direct discovery?