Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Display Total Sum(Column) value in all rows

Hi all,

Please find the attached sample app. And let me know how can i get TOTAL SUM(Column) in all rows in straight table.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Venkat

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
maxgro
MVP
MVP

Hi Venkat

starting from your doc, "Sample.qvw I did 2 other docs

"Sample - qvd gen.qvw": reads your Sample.qvw and makes 2 qvd, MainData.qvd and DimLot.qvd

"Sample - final.qvw":  reads the 2 previuos qvd; here you can see the result you want

Why?

because it seems to me the ABOVE function in AGGR by LOT and BC_DEV works as expected  only if the BC_DEV field is ordered (you can check the load order in listbox); I added the COLCHECK column in "Sample.qvw" and "Sample - final.qvw" to verify this.

To get the expected result you need to be sure the BC_DEV field is ordered (asc) in your qvw.

See this post for order in aggr

http://community.qlik.com/message/287297#287297

Massimo

View solution in original post

5 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

Hi

perhaps this?

sum(total aggr(sum(C1) - Above(Sum(C1)), C1))

Not applicable
Author

Hi Grossi,

Thanks your solution helps me.

I had one more question how can we get sum value based on aggr. Please find the attached sample app.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Venkat

maxgro
MVP
MVP

I added a dimension to your script,

see attachment

Regards

Not applicable
Author

Hi  Grossi,

I had done small change to your expression in test app that also worked fine without having of COUNTER column as below :

YOURS      : sum(TOTAL <L> aggr((C1) - above((C1)), L,COUNTER))

CHANGED : sum(TOTAL <L> aggr((C1) - above((C1)), L,C1))

I tried changed expression in real data but it is getting different values.

Can you please find the attached sample app of real data and mentioned in text object which  values should get for each LOT column.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Venkat

maxgro
MVP
MVP

Hi Venkat

starting from your doc, "Sample.qvw I did 2 other docs

"Sample - qvd gen.qvw": reads your Sample.qvw and makes 2 qvd, MainData.qvd and DimLot.qvd

"Sample - final.qvw":  reads the 2 previuos qvd; here you can see the result you want

Why?

because it seems to me the ABOVE function in AGGR by LOT and BC_DEV works as expected  only if the BC_DEV field is ordered (you can check the load order in listbox); I added the COLCHECK column in "Sample.qvw" and "Sample - final.qvw" to verify this.

To get the expected result you need to be sure the BC_DEV field is ordered (asc) in your qvw.

See this post for order in aggr

http://community.qlik.com/message/287297#287297

Massimo