Did you mean: 
gouthamkk
Creator
Creator

Display detail values in summary chart - issue on date

Hi Experts,

I have combo chart with

Dimension as Month and

Expressions are Sum(revenue), Total Customer per day(Need to display as line in this chart)

Scenario

on X- Axis, i want to see All the Months and on Y- axis the bar should represent the Total Revenue by each month. So far it is taken care

The second expression in this chart should be a line and the date as to display the totals of that specific day

Eg:

January Total Revenue is 3000(displays as bar)

The line as to display as a trend for each day

Jan 1 Total 10 customers

Jan 2 Total 9 Customer

Note: January dates are not required to be displayed on the axis tab, instead it should just show Month name and the trending should be as day for the second expression(Total customer).

I am just trying to see if it something possible in QlikView any help would be appreciable.

11 Replies
sunny_talwar

Just thinking out loud here: What if you use date as your dimension and make it continuous.

Best,

Sunny

gouthamkk
Creator
Creator
Author

I tried to make the second expression as (Count of customer- Trending line) When changing the dimension to date instead of month, it is displaying the trend but this is not i want, axis has to display only months with total revenue and customer as trending to day level

Appreciate for your quick response

sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share a sample application?

Best,

Sunny

gouthamkk
Creator
Creator
Author

Attached is the QVW file and data files

I think i have issue on date joins also, Like Date from Summary for Each month (Eg: january) is taking all the months(January, feb..) in detail tab, instead of sing month(Eg: January)Sample.PNG

sunny_talwar

Are you trying to join like this?

Join.PNG

If yes, then use the script like this:

Test:

LOAD Date,

Month(Date) as Month,

Account,

Revenue,

Sample

FROM

Summary.xlsx

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);

Join(Test)

LOAD Detail_DATE,

Month(Detail_DATE) as Month,

[Total Customers],

Account

FROM

Detail.xlsx

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);

gouthamkk
Creator
Creator
Author

Sunny,

Thanks for the Join resolutions, but coming to my main question, do you think there is solution for this

sunny_talwar

Working on that right now.

Best,

Sunny

sunny_talwar

Look at this, does this make sense? PFA

Best,

Sunny

gouthamkk
Creator
Creator
Author

Sunny,

It works but is there any way on x-axis you could change the date to month name(Eg: jan2015), when tried the trending is disappering