Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Displaying cvs file in a table box with no columns

I have output from a market basket analysis (MBA) from R which has been saved as a CSV file and the output is as follows:

Screen Shot 2016-02-25 at 23.44.10.png

The last three columns in the CSV file above represent the support, confidence and lift values of the MBA results.  The rest of the output is the rules.

I need to display the above in a table box through a load script so that it comes out with no columns and appear as something like as below:

Screen Shot 2016-02-25 at 23.53.52.png

The lift has not been shown on the above example.

I tried the following load statement:

Screen Shot 2016-02-25 at 23.57.57.png

The MBAOutputRow is used as field to display for the table box.  The output  of the exercise is as follows:

Screen Shot 2016-02-25 at 23.33.33.png

How can this be improved to give the desired results resembling the image given earlier on ?

Regards.

2 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Christopher,

if you don't load the individual fields, it's going to be REALLY hard to present them well aligned like in your example, - because the source strings are not aligned.

So, if this file is tab-separated, load the fields separately and then present them the way you wanted to. Otherwise, you'd have to parse the strings using a bunch of goofy rules, like for example looking for the first, second, and third occurrences of the ' 0.' string (that's assuming that none of your numbers should ever reach 1).

I'd try hard to find a way of loading this data into separate fields, then the rest is a lot easier.

cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

Upgrade your Qlik skills at the Masters Summit for Qlik - coming soon to Milan, Italy and Austin, TX!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Oleg

Thank you very much for your input, most appreciated.

What i ended above doing was to change the R format of the CSV file to a single format and no separators.  The result is as follows:

Screen Shot 2016-02-26 at 10.10.50.png

At least i am somewhere but not perfect.

Regards

Chris