Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Displaying last 12 months trend

Hi,

I am new to qlikview i am stuck up with a requirement wherein i must show the data for last 12 months in a chart for which i have been using an expression -

only({<CommonMonth={"$(=month(AddMonths(date(today()),-1)))"}>}MetricValue) ,only({<CommonMonth={"$(=month(AddMonths(date(today()),-2)))"}>}MetricValue)......only({<CommonMonth={"$(=month(AddMonths(date(today()),-12)))"}>}MetricValue).

But the issue is suppose if the current date(i.e., today's date ) is 01/09/2013(DD/MM/YYYY)current month-9 must point to 01/12/2012 but currently it refers to 01/12/2013.Thus the result is not appreciable.So can anyone let me know how I could get the trend display based on the current month dynamicaly without any hardcoding.

12 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

why not you use date fields instead of using month or use Month Year...

only({<CommonDate={">=$(=AddMonths(date(today()),-12)) <=$(=date(today()))"}>}MetricValue)

You should be careful while using date fields as, date format of Common date and dates calculated by $ expansions should be same, or either you can create numeric values of all dates and then compare>>>

"Create num(CommonDate) as CommonDateNUM"  in script only and then use the following expression.

only({<CommonDateNUM={">=$(=num(AddMonths(date(today()),-12))) <=num($(=date(today())))"}>}MetricValue)

Hope it helps

Regards

Nitin

Not applicable
Author

Hi Anushree

Try this

=sum({<yourDateField={'>=$(Vrolling12)<=$(vMaxDate)'}>}Sales)

Variables:

Vrolling12=Date(MonthStart(vMaxDate,-11),'DD/MM/YYYY')

vMaxDate=Date(max(YourDatefield),'DD/MM/YYYY')

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I tried the approach suggested but when i make a selection on the year, the application does not show any results.Could you Please look into it and let me know how I could ensure the display trend when the year is selected.

For Eg considering the current month and year which is December 2013 I would want to show the data from Nov 2013 to Jan 2012.

I have attached the sample document

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

use sum instead of only............

Not applicable
Author

In the attachment that I have put up, sum function is been used instead of only .But still the values are not getting displayed

Thanks & Regards,

Anushree Shetty

Not applicable
Author

Hi Nirmal,

I tried the approach that you have suggested.But,then the values are not getting displayed.Could you please let me know if there is any other turn around. I have put up a sample attachment in my previous reply Please let me know how i could acheive the requirement

suresh_rawat
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Anushree,

Use this expression, it works perfect in my application.

sum({1<Date = {">=$(=MonthStart(Max(Date), -11))<=$(=MonthEnd(Max(Date)))"}>}Data)

Hope this will work out for you.

Regards

Suresh Rawat

Not applicable
Author

Hi Anushree

PFA.... Hope this will help you

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

HI Nirmal,

i need last 12 months remaining due  for trx date can you please write the syntax

vtrx date is nothing but today date i need to to get last 12 months remaining due can u please write the syntax.

=rangesum(above(Sum(If(TRXDATE>addmonths(vTrxDate,-12) and  DATE>vTrxDate and REMAININGDUE)),0,RowNo()))/100000

Thanks,

krishna