Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Displaying sheets to users, according to the active directory group they belong to

Hi,

I need help with active directory security in a Qlikview document.

Lets say I have the following sheets in a Qlikview document:

Sheet1

Sheet2

Sheet3

and the following Active Directory groups:

ADG1

ADG2

ADG3

What I want to do is use the AD groups to display the sheets: for example if a user belongs to ADG1 he/she can see only Sheet1 and Sheet2, if he/she belongs to ADG2 then he/she can see only Sheet3, and so on

Does Qlikview allow this kind of security on sheets (any object in particular)? If so, how could I implement it?

Thanks

Carlos

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Yes, you can do it if you follow these steps:

1. Use QlikView Security (Section Access) to determine access right to your document

2. Use AD Groups as "NTNAME" in section access.

3. Create a custom field that you could load, along with he AD Groups - can have the same values as group names but should be different from "NTNAME".

4. Use the value of the "Customer field" in the "Show Condition" for each object and sheet that you want to show or hide based on a condition.

good luck!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Yes, you can do it if you follow these steps:

1. Use QlikView Security (Section Access) to determine access right to your document

2. Use AD Groups as "NTNAME" in section access.

3. Create a custom field that you could load, along with he AD Groups - can have the same values as group names but should be different from "NTNAME".

4. Use the value of the "Customer field" in the "Show Condition" for each object and sheet that you want to show or hide based on a condition.

good luck!

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for tip Oleg

Not applicable
Author

Hello Guys 🙂

I've the same question, Thanks Oleg for the tip but have you a script example because I don't succeed.

Thanks

arsal_90
Creator III
Creator III

Hi oleg

have a qlikview document and i have to assign security through active directory group. let say i have made 3 active directory groups. 1 group has right to north region and second one to south and third one to West. So how can i maintain section access through active directory. and i have only qlikview server.

Thanks in advance