Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Displaying the percentage in pivot table

HI

i am generating a pivot table to get total counts.. is there away to show the percentage of the count in  another column??

Untitled.png

at present these are the 3 columns i want to calculate the percentage of each count and display...plz some one help me...

thank you in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

You can make a %column using

sum(value) / sum(TOTAL value)  - % of whole total

sum(value) / sum(TOTAL <dim1> value)  - % of total of dimension1

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Are you trying to show the average of the count on that certain date?  What is the average of?

Not applicable
Author

Untitled3.pngas shown in this pic for each even i need to show the percentage this is the exact table i need to generate.. omg i just saw my mistake it should be the percentage... m soooo sorry

Not applicable
Author

Are you trying to show for each destination, what % of events it accounts for on that day?

Not applicable
Author

for each destination the total number of events are shown and i need to take the percentage of each destinations total percentage of events

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

You can make a %column using

sum(value) / sum(TOTAL value)  - % of whole total

sum(value) / sum(TOTAL <dim1> value)  - % of total of dimension1

Not applicable
Author

I don't have any good data to try to mock this up, could you share your data if you scrambled the destination?

you'd need to do something like count(events)/count(total events), but maybe with some set analysis it would be easier to control it

hectorvega
Contributor III
Contributor III

Or you could use :

a) Column(1)/Column(2)

b) [column-name1]/[column2-name]

Not applicable
Author

i tried this but i am not getting a correct answer i think

Not applicable
Author

oki i got this working can you tell me how can i reduce the decimal points up to two points??