cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Distinct sum in pie chart

Hi,

I have a payment data by location and it has both line level and header level (final payment) amount

I would like to show the payment amount by location in pie chart but it's showing multiple times because of line level. Each invoice number should have 1 payment amount only. I can't take the sum of line amount because it's not taking negative values in the pie chart.

Any suggestions will be appreciated

Thanks,

Sunny

Invoice NumberPayment AmountLocationLine Amount
144686203MALAYSIA9023
144686203Reversal-2820
187116191MALAYSIA9006
187116191Reversal-2814
3 Replies
niclaz79
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

There's a good reason for not having negative values in pie charts; it doesn't make sense. If you have the values above, what would you expect the pie chart to look like and what would you expect to get as info out of it if it contains both negative and positive values?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Niclas

I think in this case it will make sense, I have some reversal amount which needs to net off against the positive amount. That will give me the total payments made out of a particular country and then I can show which country has the maximum payments. Even if pie chart has a limitation, is there a way to just show the distinct payment amount sum by invoice number?

niclaz79
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Sunny,

For your specific case I would create a bar chart with the summed values and then sort the bars by highest to lowest value.