Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Distribution to specific user & Clustering

Hi,

I recently change to clustering publisher & server. There are two nodes (node 1 & node 2) for QV server.

We are using local accounts for different reasons.

I have done a test and I'm publishing a simple application with nothing inside on node 2 (Servername=srv2 which is not the master).

First tests :

In distribution, I have selected "All authentificated users"

I go to the accesspoint there is no problem to open it

Second tests :

In distribution, I'm adding my username ( srv1\Username )

When I distribute again this application, I can see it on accesspoint. But when I'm trying to open it, I have a message "You don't have access to this application"

In server log, I have :

700InformationSE_LOG: Document Open: Open document: No access to the file XXX_limited.qvw (e=-4)

500WarningDocument Load: The document \\srv1\XXX_limited.qvw failed to load because of no file access [19].

Any idea ?

Thanks for yourhelp

Adrien

6 Replies
Colin-Albert

Can you use a domain account instead of a local account for Username?

Srv1/Username will not have any permissions on srv2, unless you create local accounts with the same name and the same password on both servers. A domain login would be easier to maintain.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for your answer - when you are talking about domain account is to use Active Directory ? If yes, unfortunately, we can't do that.

I have tried second solution to create local user account in server2, but it doesn't work. I still have the same error

Adrien

Colin-Albert

If you cannot create an AD account, then the two accounts on srv1 and srv2 must have the same username and the same password, then windows will spoof the credentials from one machine to the other.

Are the two servers in your AD domain?

Not applicable
Author

I m not sure it's working to have same password & username

Because, QLikview is using srv2\accountName to have access to the file - did you try it before ?

Yes the two servers are in AD Domain

Adrien

Colin-Albert

If the machines are in the domain, then I would liase with your IT team to get domain accounts setup for your tests. this will ensure that the user can access both servers with the same login credentials.

A domain login will have the format  domain_name\Username not server_name\Username

Not applicable
Author

Ok I will try that

Thanks for the tips!