Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manishnarang
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Do we get QMS (QMC Console) without buying Publisher License?

Do we get QMS Service (QMC Console) without buying Publisher License?

I understand Publisher is nothing but QDS (Qlikview Distribution Service) to reload and distribute docs.

Still need to know what if i didn't have the license for Publisher, will i still have QMC available?

If the answer is No, Please clarify if we can use QMS API to build our own web portal to manage the tasks etc?

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

The qmc is like the qds part of the server and will be fully installed with it. The publisher licence will just activate the "advanced" options of the qds like using multiple triggers, distribution, loop & reduce, ... but the basic features like creating tasks will be available without this licence.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

The qmc is like the qds part of the server and will be fully installed with it. The publisher licence will just activate the "advanced" options of the qds like using multiple triggers, distribution, loop & reduce, ... but the basic features like creating tasks will be available without this licence.

- Marcus

manishnarang
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank you Marcus.

Just one clarification, If we have to separate out the Publisher to a different server,

"Reload/ Distribution Engine" is the right option to select under Profiles with custom installation on the new server?

New Bitmap Image (2).bmp

Once installed, we could enter the key and turn on the publisher features. am i getting it right?

Thank you once again.

marcus_sommer

We do not have a publisher and therefore I never did it myself but I think you are right. Beside the manuals the following book might be also useful to start with a multi-machine environment:

QlikView Server and Publisher (January 2014)

Stephen Redmond

ISBN-13: 978-1782179856

- Marcus